Prestige Car Insurance
At Dover Street Insurance Brokers we know how important your prestige car is to you, and that if something were to happen to your most prized possession, you’d want to ensure that you could get back on the road again as quickly as possible.
Whether you drive a sports car, a supercar or a classic car, having a prestige car insurance policy in place can give you some important peace of mind in the event that things go wrong. If you would like to know more about prestige car insurance, read on to find out how Dover Street Insurance Brokers can help to protect your vehicle.
What is prestige car insurance?
If you drive a high-value or high-performance car (for example a sports car with a premium marque such as Porche, Bentley, Range Rover or Masserati, or an exotic car like a Ferrari or Lamborghini), having a luxury car insurance policy in place will ensure that it is covered against a range of risks.
What prestige car insurance covers
Prestige car insurance could provide you with a completely tailored policy. It can provide complete protection in the event that your car is damaged or stolen, providing you with the reassurance that you need.
High-end car insurance offers an enhanced amount of cover when compared to a standard car insurance policy, which can give you the confidence to get out on the road and enjoy the features of your high-value car to their full potential.
You can choose to have cover for things like vehicle recovery (in the event of a breakdown or accident), imported left-hand drive vehicles, legal feels, replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen, and damage to your vehicles’ windscreens and windows for an extra cost. In addition, you may also choose to pay for access to a courtesy car of the same standard in the event that yours needs to be repaired, any modifications that have been made to the car as well as private licence plate cover, personal accident cover and personal possession cover.
These are just examples of some of the types of prestige car insurance policies that we look after at Dover Street Insurance Brokers. As we know that no two individuals are the same, speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.
Types of prestige car insurance
There are several different types of prestige car insurance that you should consider:
Third party: This is the minimum amount of cover that you should have legally and provides cover for other people if an accident if the fault of one of your drivers. However, it is important to be aware that damage to your own vehicle or driver’s injuries will not be covered.
Third party, fire and theft: This type of policy will also replace a vehicle if it is stolen and covers damage due to attempted theft or a fire.
Comprehensive: This type of policy will also cover any damage to your own vehicle.
Do I need prestige car insurance?
If you own a prestige car, it’s important to ensure that it has the protection that it deserves, which is something that a sports car insurance policy can provide.
When you consider the cost to repair or replace your super car or luxury vehicle in the event of it being involved in an accident or being stolen, would you be able to cover this without having an enhanced prestige car insurance policy in place?
The cost of prestige car insurance
There are several ways that you can help to reduce the cost of the prestige car insurance premium that you pay:
- Adding named drivers: By adding named drivers to your policy, this can be beneficial if a particular driver has several years of driving experience and several years no-claims, and can help to keep premiums down when it comes to insuring younger drivers.
- Increasing the voluntary excess on your policy: This can help to reduce the cost of your premiums.
- Security features: By fitting your vehicle with extra security features like an immobiliser and advanced alarm, this will help to reduce your level of risk.
- Night-time storage location: Storing your prestige car in a garage overnight may help to reduce the cost of your premium, compared to parking it on the road for example.
At Dover Street Insurance Brokers we understand that cost is important to you, but it is crucial to ensure that your car is properly protected. With that in mind, we will take the time to understand your specific needs and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.
What else do I need to know about prestige car insurance?
If you have multiple prestige vehicles registered at your home address, then taking out a fleet insurance policy could offer you complete flexibility with just one premium to pay and one renewal date to remember.
A prestige fleet insurance policy can insure the following:
- Families that own more than two vehicles.
- A couple that live together and own several vehicles between them.
- Couples that own a vehicle each but live separately.
- Families with adult children that use their own vehicle (even if they are currently away at university).
This type of insurance is sometimes called multi-car insurance and insurers will specify the minimum (usually two) and maximum amount of vehicles that they class as a family fleet. If you use more than one car for leisure then having fleet car insurance for family can help you to administer everything in one place, which will help to save you time and money too.
With a prestige car and family fleet insurance policy there are certain things that you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure you keep your policy updated if you buy or sell one of the vehicles that your family owns, otherwise it could be invalid when you come to make a claim.
- It’s important to note that by having an ‘any driver’ policy (where you can insure all drivers on every vehicle), your family members will be able to access any vehicle. However, in some instances it may be cheaper to have a separate car insurance policy for one of the vehicles that you want to ensure, depending on the history of a driver or the model of car.
- It is also possible to add some extras to your prestige car fleet insurance policy, including use abroad for up to 45 days, a replacement vehicle in the event of a theft, accident or fault, and it may also be possible for each driver to earn their own no claims bonus.
- Some insurance policies may specify a minimum age for drivers as 21 or 25, and you can also choose to have a different level of cover for each vehicle if you wish.
How can I get prestige car insurance?
Dover Street Insurance Brokers have a team of specialist advisers ready to help you get the right protection in place for your vehicle.
We will take the time to understand your specific needs and are committed to delivering a completely personalised service, ensuring that you have the best possible cover at the best possible price.
To find out how much peace of mind costs, contact one of our team by calling: 0208 057 4130.