Jewellery and Watch Insurance
At Dover Street Insurance Brokers we understand the sentimental value that precious items such as jewellery and watches can have, especially if they were a special gift, are a family heirloom or part of a prized collection.
Protecting these items against financial losses can give you important peace of mind – which is where jewellery and watch insurance can help.
Do you want to insure your jewellery? If you would like to know more about jewellery and watch insurance, read on to find out how Dover Street Insurance Brokers can help to protect your valuable items.
What is jewellery and watch insurance?
High value jewellery insurance and luxury watch insurance helps to provide protection for any high value or collectable items that you own, in terms of physical loss, theft, accidental damage and repairs to damaged items. It is important to ensure that these items are properly valued, to ensure that you do not suffer a loss in the event of a claim.
Items that can be covered as part of a jewellery cover or watch insurance policy can include watches, wedding rings, engagement and diamond rings, diamond necklaces, bracelets, diamond earrings and lost stones, and a policy will also help to reflect the true value of your possessions and their storage.
What jewellery and watch insurance covers
Specialist jewellery insurance and watch insurance can provide cover for the following:
- Worldwide ‘all risks’ cover: Provides cover for accidental loss and damage, including occasions when items are shipped abroad or temporarily loaned to a museum or exhibition.
- Loss in value compensation: Provides cover in the event that an item is damaged, and will pay for repair costs and well as compensation for any subsequent reduction in value.
- Automatic cover for new acquisitions: Provides cover as soon as you become the owner of a new item.
- Pair or set replacement: If you lose an item in a pair or set, you will receive the full replacement cost as long as you return the remaining piece.
- Emergency evacuation cover: If your items need to be transported to a new location as a result of a fire or flood, this will cover the costs.
- Defective title: Provides cover in the event that another person makes a claim of ownership against an item that you have invested in.
These are just examples of some of the types of jewellery and watch insurance policies that we look after at Dover Street Insurance Brokers. As we know that no two individuals are the same, speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.
Do I need jewellery and watch insurance?
If you are a private owner or collector of high value or collectable items, a jewellery insurance policy and wrist watch insurance can provide you with the protection that you need in the event that things go wrong. As some items will be unable to be replaced like for like in the event that they are damaged or lost, a watch and jewellery insurance policy will enable you to receive the exact amount listed in your policy documents and either replace the item with something similar, or you may prefer to keep the full cash settlement instead.
Without a jewellery and watch insurance policy in place, would you be able to foot the bill if a precious item had to be replaced?
The cost of jewellery and watch insurance
As with all types of insurance, the premium that you will pay for your jewellery and watch insurance depends on the level of cover that you need and any optional extras that you choose to add to your policy.
When considering the amount of cover that you need for your valuable assets, it’s important to think about the total cost to reinstate or replace these on an equal basis in the event of any potential loss. Remember, if the worst were to happen and you have under-insured, you could be left out of pocket.
At Dover Street Insurance Brokers we understand that cost is important to you, but it is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected. With that in mind, we will take the time to understand your specific needs and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.
What else do I need to know about jewellery and watch insurance?
It is important to be aware that some personal jewellery insurance and watch insurance policies specify that the doors and windows to the premises/storage facility where the items are located must be locked in the event of a claim.
In addition, there will be certain exclusions to your policy that won’t be covered. These may include:
- Damage that is cosmetic only damage (such as scratches and dents).
- Jewellery or watches that are damaged or lost on holiday.
- If a stone is lost through wear and tear or age.
How can I get jewellery and watch insurance?
Dover Street Insurance Brokers have a team of specialist advisers ready to help you get the right protection in place for your valuables.
We will take the time to understand your specific needs and are committed to delivering a completely personalised service, ensuring that you have the best possible cover at the best possible price.
To find out how much peace of mind costs, contact one of our team by calling: 0208 057 4130.